- On 28/10/2020
Luke McDermott - Consultant
Luke recently joined Rice Warner after relocating to Australia from Ireland. Luke spent five years at Willis Towers Watson in the Dublin office working in the investment consulting division. Here Luke delivered a wide range of investment advisory services to superannuation funds and other institutional investors.
Some of the key areas of focus during this period were:
- Asset and liability modelling and advising on investment strategy.
- Advising trustee boards on governance issues and adhering to regulatory requirements and best practice guidelines.
- Designing appropriate fund ranges and default investment strategies including lifecycle strategies.
- Ongoing monitoring of performance of investment strategies, including investment risk modelling.
- Managing asset transitions for clients implementing new investment strategies.
Luke has a Bachelor of Actuarial and Financial Studies from the University College Dublin and is a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA). During his studies, Luke specialised in investment and finance modules and has also been awarded the Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA) designation.
In his spare time, Luke takes full advantage of the warmer Australian weather and enjoys spending time at the beach. He is a fitness enthusiast and a keen martial arts practitioner and proud owner of a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.