- On 02/03/2020
Jennifer Shaw - Consultant
Jennifer recently joined Rice Warner on relocating to Australia. Previously, Jennifer worked for eight years in the KPMG Pensions practice in the UK. At KPMG, Jennifer delivered professional consulting advice on a wide range of pension issues to both corporate and trustee clients, across DB and DC pensions.
Some of the key areas of focus for Jennifer at KPMG were:
- Advising corporates on potential pension benefit and provider change projects, across DB and DC pensions, through from strategy to implementation stage.
- Providing strategic advice on funding and long-term strategies to DB Trustees, including ultimate insurance transactions.
- Undertaking actuarial analysis and modelling, including carrying out triennial actuarial valuations.
- Supporting KPMG Audit practice in understanding the actuarial aspects of financial statements.
- Supporting KPMG Transactions teams in due diligence of corporate transactions.
Based in our Sydney office, Jennifer looks forward to applying the knowledge and skills gained from her UK experience in her work for our clients.
Jennifer has a Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Mathematics, Statistics and Finance from the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) and is a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FFA). Jennifer is also currently undertaking the RG 146 superannuation course.
Jennifer intends to take advantage of what the outdoors has to offer in Sydney, given Scottish weather doesn’t allow much time for this. Her initial goal is to become proficient on a paddle board.