Rice Warner has built a reputation for providing fact-based guidance to superannuation industry participants backed by informed opinion and thought leadership. Our unique insights, supported by our rich databases and research, help clients develop effective commercial and operational strategies.
Strategic advice and product solutions
Solutions for future competitive advantage.
As Actuaries, complex financial modelling is at the heart of what we do and supports much of our strategic and policy work. We have a variety of established models including:
- Demographic projections models for the superannuation, personal investments and group insurance markets.
- Models to project wealth, insurance and retirement savings for individuals using our calculation engine PHOEBE.
- Tailored models built to solve client specific problems across a variety of problems in super, insurance and wealth.
Rice Warner has developed a strong FinTech consulting capability, acquired over many years and many implementations in the digital advice arena.
Our FinTech consulting services include:
- Business and actuarial analysis, specification and coding (Java) on digital advice projects
- Rice Warner system accreditation – Actuarial testing and sign-off of digital advice solutions
- System reviews and benchmarking (administration, financial planning, digital advice tools etc.)
- Consultation on projects to assist in the design of the advice workflows supporting goals-based advice.
Rice Warner’s extensive superannuants database and related research enables us to help benchmark superannuation funds, whether products, fees, investments, insurance, service operations or costs and expenses.
Rice Warner’s heritage is as a firm of consulting actuaries. Our superannuation actuarial services cover financial modelling, benefit projections, independent insurance in superannuation pricing review and investment analytics as well as prescribed actuarial work for defined benefit superannuation funds.
Rice Warner provides decision support and advice tools to the Australian financial services market, having built and deployed over 100 advice tools to date. We provide consulting services, mathematical capability and development work on advice tools throughout the industry.
Our capabilities and tools cover the following markets:
- Superannuation and Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Savings, Debt and Budgeting
Built by our Actuaries, PHOEBE is an Application Programming Interface (API) that provides access to a wide range of complex mathematical functions and services. It solves common problems faced by our clients across the financial services industry. The functions provide actuarially certified compliant calculations across the full spectrum of financial advice for members or customers.
PHOEBE has been implemented for a range of clients, including banks, superannuation funds, financial planning groups, wealth management organisations and industry bodies.
PHOEBE provides clients with peace of mind that, by using a central source of calculations, they will always provide their members and customers with consistent, compliant and accurate information and output.
GALAXY is a market leading API enabled product research engine that supports the provision of financial advice by providing simple views of complex product research data, algorithms and information. GALAXY APIs allow disparate systems to retrieve information required to perform product analysis, comparison and selection, based on client details and their product needs.
GALAXY supports five product markets via two engines:
- Superannuation and Investments Engine
- superannuation products
- investment platforms
- pension products
- Risk Engine
- insurance outside superannuation (Retail)
- insurance inside superannuation (Group)
Our experience in the provision of financial tools, calculators and advice software provide us with the ability to provide our clients with peace of mind that their tools are accurate and compliant with regulatory requirements. Our actuarial accreditation service involves the formal testing and actuarial sign off that financial tools/calculators and in-house spreadsheets/ models have accurate calculations and meet ASIC requirements.
Contact our team today to learn more about how Rice Warner can help.