The client situation
In 2015, Rice Warner was engaged to conduct a scoping study for VicSuper, which ultimately recommended the design and development of a state-of-the-art advice ecosystem. This ecosystem would provide both member-driven and adviser-driven financial advice, providing consistent calculation methodology, output and data integration between its various distribution channels.
Following the outcomes of the scoping study, Rice Warner was engaged to implement the proposed digital advice ecosystem. Core requirements for the ecosystem included:
- Fund input into the user experience (UX) design of the solution.
- Consistent output irrespective of which channel the member or client comes through, being online, call centre or face to face.
- Scalable and compliant technology, updated and maintained for the latest regulatory changes.
- Purpose-built for the superannuation environment and compatible with the registry system.
This advice ecosystem included:
- Beeline, which provides tools for online member-driven advice, and
- Advice Suite, which facilitates adviser-driven advice for both workflow and the required calculations.
Both channels are powered by Rice Warner’s PHOEBE APIs to ensure consistent output, with triaging in place to direct members to adviser channels where the situation requires it.
Outcome for the client
Following the successful development and deployment of the project, VicSuper has won awards for components within their new advice ecosystem, including the following for the member-driven Beeline solution alone:
- Innovation and Transformation Award – Conexus Financial 2018
- Best New Innovation – SuperRatings Award 2018
- Best Member Facing Project – AIST Awards for Excellence 2017
- Best Innovative Super Service Gold award – Money Magazine
PHOEBE has continued to be updated for changes in legislation and additional functionality.
Today, PHOEBE powers in excess of 100 tools and calculators in the market.