- On April 4, 2019
Estelle joined Rice Warner in February 2019 after four years at Mine Super. Estelle’s areas of focus were on retirement solutions and investments and has previously worked on:
- Retirement solutions design including longevity solutions such as group-self annuitisation/mortality pooling solution and investment-linked life annuity.
- Superannuation lifecycle investment strategies design with multiple factors.
- Public policy submissions including those for Treasury, DSS and APRA.
- Development of investment performance reporting system and investment risk management tools.
- Development of Members’ Default Utility Function (MDUF) which is an open-architecture metric to assist the industry to design retirement outcome solutions. It subsequently won two industry awards.
Estelle has qualified as an Associate of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia (AIAA) and Chartered Enterprise Risk Actuary (CERA). Prior to this, Estelle studied at the University of New South Wales where she obtained a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a first-class Honours in Actuarial Studies. Her thesis which focuses on Immunization and Hedging of Post Retirement Income Annuity Products was published on the Risks Journal in March 2017.
Estelle is currently the convenor of the Actuaries Institute’s Superannuation Projection and Disclosure Sub-committee.
Outside of work, Estelle is a foodie who enjoys travelling and planning holidays around nice food locations. In her spare time, Estelle enjoys weight training in the gym and outdoor activities such as obstacle courses and bushwalking.