Rice Warner works tirelessly to bring awareness to the unique challenges women face in saving for a comfortable retirement. Our 2012 report, Valuing Females in Retirement, details the challenges faced by women when trying to save for retirement and investigates a variety of possible solutions to address this complex issue.
To assist our own employees, Rice Warner introduced its Valuing Females Policy on 1 July 2013. The policy is designed both to encourage female workforce participation and to improve the retirement savings outcomes of female employees. It includes the following benefits:
- Paid parental leave for up to 18 weeks
- Superannuation payable on parental leave for up to one year
- An additional 2% superannuation payment throughout the employment period (which is not counted when reviewing staff salary packages)
- Long service leave accrual throughout parental leave
- Flexible working conditions.
- Educational programme for employees